<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 08, 2008

A Mini Superstitious Project




About 4 years ago or so I had done the Voodoo Child Project where I found about 5 different cover versions of Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child (Slight Return), and posted them here. Since then I'd been looking for other songs to do, usually not finding more than one. One time I tried to this for Superstitious, but I couldn't find anything different.

Since then the Mashup movement has come into it's own and in less than 3 days Alessandra and I found 3 fresh versions of Superstitious to post here.

So turn your speakers up real loud so your coworkers can hear it.


Mad Mix Mustang - Super Blitzious (Stevie Wonder vs. Sweet)


Wax Audio – Sad But Superstitious (Stevie Wonder vs. Metallica)

DJ Lobsterdust - Stevie Wonder vs The Killers

Labels:


Comments:
So the versions you pick aren't actually recorded covers, but mashups instead. Right? Interesting. Anything with Stevie Ray Vaughn's version or am I totally missing the boat here?
 
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

The Voodoo Childs were all recorded non mashup versions.

I look around and see if I can find them again. But yeah, SRVs version was one.
 
I was thinking of doing the same thing for myself with the song "Hey Joe". In my collection, I can think of 5 versions off hand.
As far as Superstition goes, don't forget Beck, Bogart, and Appice's aponymous album from '73.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ul7X5js1vE


found on cynical-c blog

stevie wonder on sesame street
 
I've already seen it, as recently as 3 weeks ago, but thanks for posting it here.

That version really rocks. That dancing kid is great!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?