<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bad guys really do get the most girls

NICE guys knew it, now two studies have confirmed it: bad boys get the most girls. The finding may help explain why a nasty suite of antisocial personality traits known as the "dark triad" persists in the human population, despite their potentially grave cultural costs.

The traits are the self-obsession of narcissism; the impulsive, thrill-seeking and callous behaviour of psychopaths; and the deceitful and exploitative nature of Machiavellianism. At their extreme, these traits would be highly detrimental for life in traditional human societies. People with these personalities risk being shunned by others and shut out of relationships, leaving them without a mate, hungry and vulnerable to predators.

But being just slightly evil could have an upside: a prolific sex life, says Peter Jonason at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces. "We have some evidence that the three traits are really the same thing and may represent a successful evolutionary strategy."

More via - New Scientist


Dicks.

Comments:
I consider myself slightly evil, but it never led to a prolific sex life.

Ah...who am I kidding. I could never pull off the "bad boy" image. Crap!
 
There are bad boys and then there are psychopaths.

Both are annoying.

I prefer my nice guy :)
 
Heh, we are trading comments.

I used to be a bad boy. Not bad enough to get laid with it because I was too nice when I got the drunken late night booty call.

I got some girls but could never close deal.

Ok, this just in...Alessandra thought I was a Bad Boy when we met. Because her parents didn't like me (I ate the last doughnut)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?