<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Don't put that in your mouth!

I just found out yesterday that Snickers is capitalizing on the trend of marketers shoving energy down our throats by selling a caffeinated Snickers Bar.


Based on the packaging, I think it contains Rhino Horn Extract. Boners for Everyone!

As if this weren't bad enough Snickers is trying to re-brand what I like to call, "Nap Time."

To meet consumer needs and help millions of Americans take back their energy-zapped afternoons, SNICKERS(R) Brand is proclaiming the post-lunch, pre-dinner hour between two and three p.m. the SNICKERS Charged(TM) Re-Power Hour.


I have to ask: why are our afternoons "energy-zapped"? I'd like to posit the theory that its because the American workforce has been pulled away from our natural sleep cycles by the 40 industrial work week. Thrown out of balance, we seek to stabilize our consciousness with sugar and/or caffeinated supplements. Which throw us further out of whack as the day goes on.

Ah who am I kidding, this is no theory this is fact. The fact is we need little naps around this time to maintain our physical cycles. But the Industrial/Consumer Complex demands workers to continue to feed the machine at all costs, and rather than fix the problem (by letting me take that 20 minute Power Nap), it creates "quick fix solutions" (which themselves cause more problems such as Anxiety Disorders, Obesity, ADHD and Tooth Decay).

Here is a review of the Bar

Snickers Charged - Candy Blog

Of course I'm not going to eat one, even though I have been known to enjoy the occasional Susie-Q... I have my 2 O'Clock coffee to keep me going.

via The Beautiful Kind - Ramblings of an Expert Slut and Nympho Sex Goddess (yeah, you so know you're going to check out this site...ya Pervs)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Couldn't click on that last link quickly enough. ;)
 
Yeah, I did too.
 
Yes. They should only sell energy supplements to mothers ;o)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?