<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 23, 2007

A wonderful find! Rumo: And His Miraculous Adventures: Books: Walter Moers

If you come to NTM, chances are you like to read, and will most likely get some sort of gift certificate for books in the next few days. If you do, I suggest you that purchase, as quickly as you can

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Rumo: And His Miraculous Adventures by Walter Moers.

I can't remember when I've fallen in love so quickly with a book before. I happened across it in the Fiction/Lit section at Borders (as opposed to SF/Fantasy where I normally go and shrug off 99% of the fare.)

Here is how the reviewers decribe it: "An over stuffed confection...Cross Lord of the Rings with Yellow Submarine, throw in dashes of Monty Python, Douglas Adams, Shrek and The Princess Bride, season with more serious fare such as The Tin Drum and The Odyssey." and "Equal Parts Rowling, Adams and Shel Siverstein...a work of monumental silliness."

I mean, can you really go wrong with that sort of description? How about tossing in some Dr. Seuss?

But what is it about? It's about Rumo and his adventures. Think Dog Conan meets Wicked (the book not the play).

It's world building at it's finest. I can't talk it up enough and I'm only on page 137 of 687 (it's a $16 trade paperback so it's well worth it's price).

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?