<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Feds want to survey, possibly clean up vast garbage pit in Pacific

Charles Moore, the marine researcher at the Algalita Marina Research Foundation in Long Beach who has been studying and publicizing the patch for the past 10 years, said the debris - which he estimates weighs 3 million tons and covers an area twice the size of Texas - is made up mostly of fine plastic chips and is impossible to skim out of the ocean.


Jesus Christ, that's a lot of garbage. Crazy amounts. I think we need to drink more bottled water to protect ourselves.

Sorry if my posts are curt. The one below was posted by proxy by Ale today because I can't blog (shouldn't) blog at work. I get errors.

Motherfucker! I just hit "Post" while watching last nights Colbert Report right as he mentions this garbage patch thing. Bastard! I'm so not voting for you.

Aw, who am I kidding. Of course I will.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?