<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 23, 2007

What's going on? Oh, ok. Cool!

Last week my friend Jon asked me if I wanted to go to this Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School. Billed as "Drinking & Drawing" with Burlesque Dancers at a local coffee house/bar I figured it was some sort of art gallery-exhibit, and I ducked out of my neighbor's Washers Tournament.

Much to my surprise it was a frisky half-nude Burlesque Dancer figure drawing session. Luckily, for not knowing what was going on, I did have my drawing marker with me. So I bought a sketch pad for 2 bucks and started drawing.

Lola Van Ella at Dr. Sketchy

Ok, Ok. It's been 13 years since I've drawn any kind of figure and only what? 3 weeks since I actually started drawing. Her Lola van Ella's ass is not that proportionally big, and that stuff above her butt is lingerie. I think the shadows are in the right place.

Of course the place had about 25 folks all drawing away and drinking martinis and beer. Lola also sang a torch song and prizes were given away. I did not win a prize for "Add Lola into another environment." Jon's aliens were much better. The Dr. Sketchy gig will be once a month, so I plan to attend again, and since Jon won a free pass to the next one, I'm sure he's gonna go too.

I don't think the drawing is too bad for my first foray out. Like I've said before and will say again and again: It's gonna take a long time to get "good", and it's the journey that's interesting. I think I'm already above "suck" and heading towards, "ok,it's not perfect, but I don't hate it."

Labels:


Comments:
lol Love it!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?