<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Media Rodeo II

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After a trip to the comics section of my local library, I finally got around to reading Bone after seeing it referenced again and again in Scott McCloud's comics interpretation books.

Deeeeelightful! I have read the entire series in about a week found it charming, amusing, heartfelt, hugely comical and adventurous. I can't even imagine following these as they came out for 10 years. I would have lost my mind.

What is Bone about? Three cousins (Fone Bone, Smiley Bone and Phonincible "Phoney" Bone) are run out of Boneville and wind up in a nice green valley filled with A Cow Racing Old Lady, Stupid, Stupid Rat Creatures, an easily swayed mob, and a copy of Moby Dick.

If you enjoy any of the above adjectives as well as having a penchant for visual storytelling (ok, ok...comics) then I suggest you trot on down to the local library and get started on Volume 1 today. 5 out of 5 Arrrr!s


Black Snake Moan & Grandma's Boy

I watched both of these movies last weekend. I'm going to have to call it as Black Snake Meh, as it was kind of dull. Maybe I was just in a bad mood. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either just kind of there. I will say that it was well acted. I give it 2.5 Arrr!s out of 5.

I didn't know that Grandma's Boy was produced by Adam Sandler, or I probably wouldn't have watched it. Someone loaned it to me and said I would find it funny.

The movie is about a 36 year old, dope smoking video game tester forced to move in with his Grandma after he's evicted from his apartment.

It was indeed a funny movie, and great to waste your brain on with very, very mild "dramatic" conflict and an almost nonexistent foil.

Think of it as a poor man's mix of Office Space and 40 Year Old Virgin.

I give this one 2.5 Arrrr!s but recommend it over Black Snake Moan...if you like nerd, doper humor...which very much to my surprise I do.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?