<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Work Stuff

Sorry for the constant posts about work. When you're under employed for 9 months, your focus tends to shift quite a bit.

By the time you read this I'll have 7 straight days in the office, with the strong possibility of going 14 maybe 21. I know for certain I'll be putting in a full 8 on July 4. These guys are under a tight deadline and they've already been going for 14 days themselves. One might say they are slightly stressed. There is lots of open grumbling about having to knock out 4 boat line catalogs plus collateral material in a month.

Me, I'm happy that I'm actually being paid to be somewhere on a weekend instead of having the expectation that I'm going to be there because the client demands it.

Graphic Artists totally get the hose, again and again. It's the pay off for getting to wear shorts, and flip flops to the office. And it's not like they're working on high concept design. That's a rarity. In most cases it's least common denominator, disposable crap. Which is sad, because there are a lot of good ideas out there.

That said, I'm feeling good about the job I'm doing, and the feedback has been positive. It's low-level nitpicky stuff, like dropping in copy and formatting it, image hunting and copy corrections, but I'm totally on target and working smart.

I was scheduled to call Xplane on Friday and find out if I made it to the next round of the application process. After 2.5 weeks of nail biting and hoping, I didn't learn anything new because I never got through to HR. She wasn't at her desk when I called and she didn't return my message. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes, she could have been totally swamped. The downside is that the position I'm applying for has been pulled from their website. In my wild dreams it's because they're holding it for me. If not, I'm still very interested in entering the dialog of Visual Thinking and will pursue my own avenues of exploration on that topic.

Anyway it's late, I gotta snooze because I have to be at the office at 9. The cool part is, they spring for lunch.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?