<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Sweet So Sour: Kool-Aid Dills - New York Times

09kool600.1

...But they now have an arresting color that combines green and garnet, and a bracing sour-sweet taste that they owe to a long marinade in cherry or tropical fruit or strawberry Kool-Aid.

Kool-Aid pickles violate tradition, maybe even propriety. Depending on your palate and perspective, they are either the worst thing to happen to pickles since plastic brining barrels or a brave new taste sensation to be celebrated...

"You pull the pickles from the jar, cut them in halves, make double-strength Kool-Aid, add a pound of sugar, shake and let it sit — best in the refrigerator — for about a week.


On Kool Aid Pickles: Jesus Christ, can we modify more things to stick in gobs? Pickles are supposed to be sour, not sweet, anyone who tells you different is retarded. I mean I'm not surprised because this comes from the South, home of the Deep Fried Twinkies, Obesity and a Diabetes epidemic, but still...

It's a blasphemy I tells you, I just can't cope. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

via: The Consumerist

Labels: ,


Comments:
I didn't even realize that was a pickle at first. I thought it was some sort of...marital aid. ;o)

Guh. These sound beyond disgusting. I'll try just about anything once, but I think I'd have to steer clear of these.

Oh, BTW...deep fried Twinkies are the bee's knees. Had one at the Rodeo last year. :oP
 
I've rebrined pickles before, changing dills into sweet, but these is crazy.

Saying that, a coworker found some recipes online, so we're going to give them a try.

I'll give some to the Cap'n & First Mate to look at for a while before throwing away... =)
 
Dude, that's just fucking gross.

Same for the Twinkie. I mean, it's already filled with fat. I can't imagine soaking it in more grease.
 
I think I just puked a little...oh yup...I did it again.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?