<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm a Chipmunk-1!

My new name under Kurt Vonnegut's Lonesome No More! scheme is:-
Mark Chipmunk-1 Plattner
Enter your full name to find out if you're part of my family:-


by Kurt Vonnegut
Extract from chapter 33:-

'As I said in my speech': I told him, 'your new middle name would consist of a noun, the name of a flower or fruit or nut or vegetable or legume, or a bird or a reptile or a fish, or a mollusk, or a gem or a mineral or a chemical element -- connected by a hyphen to a number between one and twenty.' I asked him what his name was at the present time.

'Elmer Glenville Grasso,' he said.

'Well,' I said, 'you might become Elmer Uranium-3 Grasso, say. Everybody with Uranium as a part of their middle name would be your cousin.'

'That brings me back to my first question,' he said, 'What if I get some artificial relative I absolutely can't stand?'

* * *

'What is so novel about a person's having a relative he can't stand?' I asked him. 'Wouldn't you say that sort of thing has been going on now for perhaps a million years, Mr Grasso?'


via Exploding Aardvark

In other news...I went to a wedding last night where the Groom is an Entomologist at the Zoo, so they had chocolate covered insect treats on the tables (my idea). So I ate a couple. They were tasted just like dried Soba noodles dipped in chocolate. I'm glad they weren't gooey.

And I just got back from a Couple's Baby Shower. Holy Jeez! Only the Poker I played with the other husbands kept me from being totally emasculated.

Labels:


Comments:
Spinning Strawberry-17 Girl

Yesssss!

I reposted a link you sent me long ago; it is here:

tbdoa.blogspot.com

It reminded me of you & that I must come visit you more often!
 
Yesssss! right back. Strawberry, it's pretty cool.

Don'tjew forget about me.
 
Alessandra Raspberry-5 Plattner

I was hoping for banana. oh well
 
C Aquamarine-16 D

woot
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?