<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Night Flight: A Photo Essay

Every evening, as many as 40,000 children in northern Uganda hike for miles from their rural villages to shelters in town. These so-called night commuters are hiding from the Lord’s Resistance Army, a radical, religious paramilitary group that seeks to swell its ranks by abducting children while they sleep. If caught, their next march will be as Uganda’s youngest soldiers.


Unfucking believable. I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself today, for some inexplicable reason, just mulling my purpose on Earth and not coming up with much, and I fucking see this. I'm stunned. There is so much going on in the world that I don't know about, horrible, horrible things inflicted upon my brothers and sisters in Humanity.

Does the aid given to one equal a kidnapping of another? I want to say yes, but again, I'm coming up short. It's like a finger in the dyke, trying to stop the flow of some monsterous wave of blood.

I'm stupified and sorry this is who we are.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?