<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 13, 2006

Blog Post Number X

Alessandra's Birthday
Unfortunately I had to work until 11:30 Friday Night so we had to cancel Ale's birthday dinner at the Tapas place, but she made up for it by having the family over for dinner and gifts while I toiled away.

The next day I gave her a gift of tickets to Burning Man 2006. She had said she wanted to go again, but unbeknown to me, Ale had told her sister that she didn't see herself going again...which was then reported to me after I bought the tickets. Really, I am a dumbass because they are non refundable and now I have to unload them. EEP!

However, I did prepare ahead for the possibility that she wouldn't want to go, and I bought her the Led Zepplin Remastered Box Set. A dose of Led Poisoning was a good option. She was pleased, and she will Rock in the most elemental way.

With only a few hours to practice, I did my best to play and sing Elton John's Your Song on the guitar, and I did alright as long as I stuck to playing, but once I started singing, it all fell apart.

Some Advice
If you want to have a reality-shifting mystical experience, then I suggest you go to Walgreens when you are half asleep, wait at the pharmacy, keep your eyes unfocused, look at the mosaic of colored packaging, ponder the uslessness of many of the products, how many resources and people are involved in bringing these items into existence, the huge web of global connections, the facade of American Culture all while listening to Huey Lewis and the News being piped through the speakers. It's a mindblower.

Speaking of Consumer Culture
I'm not immune to it. With Sam Goody and Suncoast Video going out of business, Ale and I decided to swing buy and pick up some goodies. I bought some guitar dvds and The Rutles - All You Need Is Cash, as well as Moby Presents: Alien Sex Party

It's true...there is a lot of useless shit out there, and I just think it's something to keep us busy (creating and consuming) as we move through life.

Anyway, it's taken hours to get this post done. Luckily it's a slow day at the office, and my coworker Doc is running a Marx Brother's Marathon on the tv in the back while I back up my files.

I've also updated theWeekly Stanley . I don't know...something about him in this one makes me think Paul may be gay. I don't know why, but my Gaydar went off.

Send me some more questions to CapnMarrrrk@yahoo.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?