<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 10, 2006

UPDATE:L.A. mayor cites 'nonexistent' communication on threat

I received a comment today from Kevin B based on this post:

Actually, if you read the disagreement in full context, Villaraigosa is saying:

Bush should have told me in advance that he was going to announce this plot.

The White House is saying:

Attempts were made to inform the L.A. City Hall.

However, the press (and many gleeful blogging hangers-on) are billing it as:

Bush said there was a terror plot against L.A., but the L.A. Mayor said he's never heard of such a thing.

The inferrence? Bush is pulling the alleged terror plot story out of his butt.

The real story? Bush Fails to Stroke City Mayor's Ego By Informing Of Every Movement In Advance-- stop the presses!


And I have to admit that upon closer examination of the context and content of what the mayor said, that Kevin is indeed correct, and I am wrong to make that inference myself.


LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said Thursday he was blindsided by President Bush's announcement of new details on a purported 2002 hijacking plot aimed at a downtown skyscraper, and described communication with the White House as "nonexistent."

"I'm amazed that the president would make this (announcement) on national TV and not inform us of these details through the appropriate channels," the mayor told The Associated Press. "I don't expect a call from the president? but somebody."


I wonder if this presidential announcement had anything to do with drawing attention away from this: NATIONAL JOURNAL: Cheney 'Authorized' Libby to Leak Classified Information (02/09/2006)?


Nah! I totally trust my governement to do the right thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?