<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Media Fast

If you want to confuse people and have them think you are weird tell them that you are going to spend the next 24 hours media free. No books, no music (other than what I make myself), no tv, movies, computers or human contact. I had mentioned this in an earlier post as an idea from What is your dangerous idea?. In my original plan I was just going to sit and try to meditate, but the house needs cleaning. I predict that will only occupy a few hours, and I still have to ride my stationary bike, and practice guitar. I may lose my mind with boredom, or not.

My friend Sky has done several 10 day retreats where he is essentially cloistered with no human contact for the purpose of meditation and he says it's one of the best things he's ever done. Of course the mind makes up it's own stimuli, and I will find it interesting to know what I come up with.

I think 24 is really nothing, kind of a pussy one day thing, but the people I tell think I'm a freak.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?