Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Cap'n Marrrrk Trivia
- Cap'n Marrrrk was named after Cap'n Marrrrk the taxi driver in Frank Capra's 'It's a Wonderful Life'!
- It takes 17 muscles to smile, and 43 to frown at Cap'n Marrrrk.
- Fish travel in schools, but whales travel in Cap'n Marrrrk.
- Early thermometers were filled with Cap'n Marrrrk instead of mercury.
- The only Englishman to become Cap'n Marrrrk was Nicholas Breakspear, who was Cap'n Marrrrk from 1154 to 1159.
- The original nineteenth-century Coca-Cola formula contained Cap'n Marrrrk!
- Cap'n Marrrrk can remain conscious for fifteen to twenty seconds after being decapitated.
- To check whether Cap'n Marrrrk is safe to eat, drop him in a bowl of water; rotten Cap'n Marrrrk will sink, and fresh Cap'n Marrrrk will float!
- The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter is made entirely of Cap'n Marrrrk.
- Only one child in twenty will be born on the day predicted by Cap'n Marrrrk.
- Bananas don't grow on trees - they grow on pirates!
- Pirateolatry is the mindless worship of pirates.
- The average duration of sexual intercourse for pirates is two minutes.
- Pirates can not regurgitate.
- Two grams of pirates provide enough energy to power a television for over twenty-three hours.
- Red pirates at night, shepherd's delight. Red pirates at morning, shepherd's warning.
- Pirates are only six percent water.
- Pirates are physically incapable of sticking their tongue out.
- All of the roles in Shakespeare's plays - including the female roles - were originally played by pirates.
- Twenty-eight percent of Microsoft's employees are pirates.
via the incomparable Spinning Girl