<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 30, 2006

Bloggity Blog Blog

It's another week before Alessandra gets back. Boy does it feel weird to be here alone (with the cats). Even weirder than last year for some reason.

Yesterday I took multi-tasking TO THE EXTREME! by simultaneously riding my stationary bike, practicing guitar and watching televison (Miami Ink). It was odd even for me, but I enjoyed it nontheless. You see, it was the long timed, medium exertion ride, so I didn't have to stand up or do much of anything other thank keep my heartrate in the zone, so I didn't have to shift over or anything, and what I thought was supposed to be only 50 minutes turned out to be 1 hour, 15 minutes, so I didn't want to waste any guitar practice time. And the tv? There's no excuse, it was Sunday night, I was bored, and the whole scene amused me. I wish I had a camera and someone to take a picture of it.

I noticed somthing today that had been at the back of my awareness for some time. Around 6 months ago I started taking Paxil for anxiety and we juggled the dosage around for a few months and it's been pretty steady for the last 3 or 4. Here is the weird thing I noticed: Yes the Paxil stops me from having the anxiety and the subsequent feeling of stress and throat closure, but it doesn't stop me from getting, angry, irritated and frustrated. But at the same time I don't feel any heart-opening joy or connection to the people around me (other than my wife and my cats). Those emotions are echoes sounding from behind a long hallway. It kind of bothers me.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: 'Did little demons get inside and type it?' I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. -Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer


Words that are slammed together to make new trademarked words that make no sense...I was at my friends house this weekend and while I was washing my hands at the sink in the bathroom (Ha! Fooled you. You didn't know I was sanitary did you?), I noticed his toothpaste was Oxyfresh-with Oxygene® and I thought to myself. How can that be a selling point. I don't even know Oxygene® is. What kind of Brain Trust came up with this? Oh wait, I work in Advertising. I know exactly what kind.So I teased John for even using that toothpaste because that's what I do. Cut to me brushing my teeth later on when I notice that my Sensodyne® contains SensoGuard®. What the fuck's going on?

Speaking of...It's been a long, long time since I had to buy razor blades. I just happened to have a ton here at the house for my "shaving system", and when I went Walgreens to buy some the cost was $17.50 bucks for 8 blades. What kind of price gouging is that? I'll fucking look Chewbacca before I pay that kind of coin for blades. Apparently you get what you pay for because I bought a shit load of disposable razors that give a so-so shave. I mean I'll drop money on the most inane shit with no forethought, but for some reason I can't get myself to spring for these.

Anyway, these are the thoughts that have been rattling around my beanie for the last few days. And again, I have to way to end my transmission.

-transmission ended

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?