<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

You are a butterfly and my eyes are needles

In 1988 I was working as a dishwasher at hip pizzaria in Columiba, Mo, when I was first introduced to Poi Dog Pondering by my lost Jr. High School-rediscovered in college friend Tim Volas. He was in love with this group and I'd never even heard them before, and he took control of the restauarant music system and played this band with the swoony, erotic lyrics. The words captured how I essentially felt about my girlfriend at the time (and years later, my wife), and I instantly fell in love with the band. I could say a lot about how Poi has energized me, and comforted me after the loss of my father, whose birthday it would have been today, but I just said it...so there.

Anyway 17 years later I'm learning the first song I heard by Poi Dog Pondering on the guitar so I can sing it my wife.

You are a butterfly and my eyes are needles
The cold has your breast and my hand is on fire
You resting and reposing
My veins are pulsing
And nothing can cure me, but your pulling touch
I'll stretch you out, and lay alongside you
Run my hands along, devour and divide you.
In the cool of the night, under a rain-pelted roof
Beneath cotton white linen, our love is spilt
You are a cup that I hold by the cheekbones,
I pull you close and I drink you up.
I'll stretch you out, and lay alongside you
Run my hands along, devour and divide you.


In case you are wondering, here is an mp3 of the song.

And one of the other songs I'm learning entitled Bury Me Deep.

If you are interested in purchasing Poi Dog Pondering Music (and I suggest you do), you can do it here

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?